Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lunch for kids today

This is what I packed for my kids lunch today!  It is one of their favorite lunch options!
  • Brown rice cake with Organic peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  I made it into a sandwich so it would fit in our laptop lunch box
  • Stonyfield french vanilla yogurt with frozen strawberries and blueberries
  • Freshly cut carrot sticks
  • Oatmeal Cocoa No Bake Cookies
  • Water with EmergenC
  • Snack: Craisins and Sunflower seeds
I use Laptop Lunchboxes because they are easy, convenient and offer perfect portion control...Which our kids need desperately.  They are a little pricey.  I had my mom buy them for my kids for Christmas a couple of years ago.  It has been the best and most well used gift they have ever received! You can find them on Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Lunch-Bento-Set-2-0/dp/B002Q0X54K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294149742&sr=8-2
They slide easily into their insulated lunch bags.  I always add an ice pack or two to keep things cool and fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment