Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Benefits of Local Honey

Anyone remember your momma giving you a tsp of honey in the middle of the night when you couldn't stop coughing?  My father was a minister and took a positionin Indiana when I was about 7.  Well, for some reason we went from hardly ever being sick to being sick constantly.  I remember waking up in the night coughing and momma would take me to the kitchen a pour a big ole warm spoon on honey down my scratchy throat.  It would instantly bring relief and I would be able to go back to sleep.  The other night I was reaching up into the cabinet to pull down some cough syrup for one of my kids and the honey memory came back to me.  Why am I giving this cough syrup when I haven't tried honey first?  Well, the honey worked!  I have done a little research and it turns out that honey has quite a bit of health benefits, especially if it is local.  I bought some of Aurthur Noakes' Honey from the top shelf in Walmart.  Turns out, he gets it from his backyard...imhoff road.  Awesome!  This morning I had a piece of homemade wheat bread drizzled with this beautiful honey and sprinkled with bananas.  Paired with my organic coffee and almond milk it made a lovely breakfast that really satisfied me.  Go support your body and local entrepreneur and buy some honey today!http://www.localhoneyblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment