Monday, January 3, 2011

Grilled Chicken Salad

Ok first of all this really isnt grilled.  I just slice my chicken into thin strips and cook it in the skillet with a little olive oil.  I then use it as a topping with:
  1. Greens ( i buy the lettuce mixture at sams..WAY cheaper there)
  2. Boiled eggs (I boil them by the dozen and keep them in the fridge...they last about a week)
  3. Red Onion( for myself and Corban)
  4. Broccoli
  5. Some spincach leaves
  6. You can always add turkey bacon if you have some cooked up
  7. I make ranch dressing with some light sour cream a little 1%buttemilk and a Hidden Valley ranch packet.  The buttermilk thins it out a little.  Makes Mazzios ranch with about 1/10 of the calories artery clogging.
You can cook enough chicken to last through a couple of salads for the week.  It will stay fresh in a ziplock for at least 3 days in the fridge.  Some people keep it longer..not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment